Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Headed for Dallas. Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport

1. Kid and Grown-Up
Kid: Doesn't it seem like yesterday? Doesn't it seem like we just got here?
Grown-up: No.
Kid: It seems like yesterday to me, because it's so familiar.

2. Passenger Looking Out the Window at a Plane
See, now that one's going fast. That one's fast!

3. Business Woman on the Phone with T. and J.
This is A.
Yes.
Ho ho ho. I know one's T. Now who's the other?
Hey, J., how are you? Yes, you do have a distinctive voice. So what's going on you guys?
Okay. Okay. Yes. Uh huh. Yup. Okay. Yup. Right.
Um, I didn't know that. I didn't know that their parties did that, but I can see why you're doing what you're doing.
Yup. I'm sorry.

4. Business Man on the Phone with A.
This is T.
Ha!
Huh!
Man, did I not call you back? I didn't? That's not good.
Huh? I know.
Actually one day I thought I needed to tell myself I had to call A., or I had to call A.
Actually, I'm sitting in the airport in Minneapolis right now.
Actually, we just need to put it on hold.
Meeting with you was a good thing. We got the budget together. That's step 1.
She's got one of her girlfreinds who's a CPA who's putting a spreadsheet together, you know.
Well, and that's what I told her. This girl's a CPA, she said, and let's do it all in Excel. But then I told her, what are you gonna do at the end of the every month? That's the great thing about Quicken. You can just downlaod it.
Let's be realistic. This hurricane has killed me, just killed my whole month.
I have to get her to understand, we have to make a decision based on base salary, not last year.
She's actually realizing that being a stay-at-home mom is just not working. She's got to get some money saved up. She's just not doing the math.
I've slowed down a lot in the last three weeks since we had that big conversation. Y'know, since we had this hurricane.
Thank you, A.

No comments: