Sunday, October 09, 2005

Your Family Will Surprise You. Marlena's, San Francisco.

My dad is like a cover story for a midlife crisis. He just got a big Harley and goes out riding with all these guys. They're, like, Catholics and realtors in their 50s. It's a gorgeous bike, though. A big, gorgeous Harley.
My father was so mean. But when I came out, he was so nice and supportive of me. He and my brother were the nicest ones. And I thought they'd hate me. I was surprised because everybody knew anyway, and here I was working so hard to keep it a secret. I brought my boyfriend home for Easter and he and my grandmother were bonding, and I just sat back and thought, how weird is this? I was kind of disappointed because they told my grandfather. He was cool with it, he just said, "Okay." But he was so into me getting married and having kids and everything. My sister gave him a grandson, though. Illegitimate, but all the same. He's a great kid. Best thing that ever happened to my family.

No comments: